There are a number of business grants available to black women entrepreneurs. These grants can provide much-needed financial assistance to help black women start and grow their businesses.
Here are a few examples of business grants for black women:
- The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program: This program provides $10,000 grants to black women meet ed.org/ who are interested in starting or growing their businesses.
- The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Foundation’s Women’s Business Grant Program: This program provides grants of up to $10,000 to black women-owned businesses that are certified by WBENC.
- The National Black Chamber of Commerce (NBCC) Foundation’s Minority Business Grant Program: This program provides grants of up to $5,000 to black-owned businesses that are members of the NBCC.
- The Thurgood Marshall College Fund’s (TMCF) HBCU Business Challenge: This program provides grants of up to $25,000 to black college students and recent graduates who are starting or growing businesses.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program: This program provides a variety of benefits to black-owned businesses, including access to government contracts and financial assistance.
In addition to these general business grants, there are also a number of grants available to black women entrepreneurs who are interested in starting or growing businesses in specific industries. For example, the National Restaurant Association offers a grant specifically for black women entrepreneurs who are starting or growing restaurants.
To find out more about business grants for black women, you can search online or contact your local chamber of commerce or small business development center.
Here are a few tips for applying for business grants:
- Do your research. Make sure that you understand the requirements of the grant that you are applying for.
- Tailor your application. Take the time to tailor your application to the specific grant that you are applying for.
- Get help. If you need help with your application, you can contact a business consultant or grant writer.
Applying for business grants can be a competitive process, but it is worth it if you are able to secure funding for your business. By following the tips above, you can increase your chances of success.